Position: Full time and on call Residential Live in Caregiver/Support person
Location: Delta/Ladner BC
We are looking for a person that has a strong work ethic to look after children and youth in a group home setting in Delta/Surrey BC. Shifts will either be 4 days on and 4 days (24 hr live in shifts) – there is flexibility as to what the schedule will look like.
Applicants must have the following and is not limited to:
- Clear criminal record/consolidated criminal record check
- Must have their own vehicle and a class 5 BCDL
- Vehicle business insurance including 2 million liability
- Will require to provide a drivers abstract
- Valid First Aid
- Cell phone
- Basic computer skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to do light house chores
- Be able to plan and facilitate recreational programing for the clients
- The ability to work in an extremely stressful environment and mange crisis situations in a calm and professional manner at all times.
- Common sense is mandatory!
Applicants that are qualified for this position will have the following:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field and/or 2 years relevant training and experience.
- Have experience working with risk youth who exhibit or have extreme behaviors, disabilities, and or mental health issues.
- Have experience administering and documenting daily medication.
- Are able to take direction, but work independently.
- Must have a good command of English both verbal and written.
- Good judgement, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work within the framework of a team
- To comply with all policies and procedures
- To effectively manage individuals who experience behavioural, addictions, mental health
Duties include and not limited to:
- Caring for youth, setting up and attending appointments, transporting youth, documenting events, writing up reports, preparing meals and doing house chores.
- Providing life skills training/role modeling such as meal preparation, housekeeping, and personal care skills.
- To recognize and to deal with potential and/or emergency situations such as
teens aggressive behaviour to ensure no harm comes to the teen and/or
the public. Reports problems to the Supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as required.